Angel's wings

Thursday, April 27, 2006

A post, especially dedicated to Adrian (Finally my turn to teach you how to 'make food'!!! This is completely edible, as QC'ed by my family, some *lucky* friends, some ex-bfs, don't no *fear* ok :p)


***Lemon Cheesecake ***
Crust:
1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (I usually use digestives, either the normal one, or the one with oats)
4 Tbs. ground walnuts (I skip this :x too mafan la :x)
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 Tbs. sugar
1 tsp. ground lemon peel (I usually just aga this and put more to bring out the flavour)

Filling:
1 1/2 pounds cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar (I usually put like 3/4 cup)
1 tsp. vanilla
3 tsp. lemon juice 1 tsp. ground lemon peel (can put more if you want)
4 eggs

Glaze: (I see the ingredients already I get a beeping headache, so I usually skip this and replaced with either canned peaches - sliced and decorate atop, or just blueberry sauce. The topping is really up to you :p)
2 eggs
3/4 Cup sugar
1 tsp. grated orange rind
1 tsp. grated lemon rind
1/4 Cup lemon juice
2 Tbs. orange juice
2 Tbs. butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine crumbs, nuts, sugar and lemon peel. Stir in butter until thoroughly blended. Press mixture firmly against bottom of 9" spring-form pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.

In a large bowl beat cream cheese until creamy. At medium speed add sugar gradually, then vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon peel. Blend well.

Add eggs, one at a time and beat at medium speed for ten minutes, until fluffy. Pour into spring-form pan.

Bake at 250°F. for 35 minutes. Turn off heat and cool for 30 minutes in the oven with the door open.

Glaze:
While cheesecake is baking, whisk eggs in a small saucepan until foamy. Combine with sugar, rind, juices & butter in saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth & thickened. Cool. Just before serving, spread evenly over cheesecake.

And there you have it, my *uber* cheesecake.

がんばって!((((〃⌒ー⌒)/

Just a recipe (that has yet to kill anyone, therefore, suitable for human consumption without worry :x), I thought I'll share with Adrian and the rest of you guys so do enjoy!