Angel's wings

Friday, September 09, 2005

Happy Birthday to my Babe!




Today marks a very special day on my calendar. Why, you may ask... there can only be one reason... It marks the birth of a very special young lady 23 years ago. And I wanna thank her parents for 'making' this particular baby! The baby who grew up to become my bestest friend, my lemming buddy, and my evil shopping instigator!

Dearest Winnie. It has been 10 years. Time flies huh? I can still recall the times we shared when we were in TK. Coming together before classes, going home together. Listening to you gush about some black black skinny skinny tennis guy (hahaha I still don't fancy him laaaa :P) and listening to you tell me about the story that you want to write. And how can I forget our stationary shopping at KNA?! Haha. Not to mention our frequent trips to that Lion City hotel (?) area for KFC and Sesame Street keychain shopping! So much fun and laughter during then. Life was simply. It was just school, pigging out, homework, Tv and sleep. Sometimes I just wish I can go back to those simple days filled with simple pleasures.

In a flash, 10 years have come and gone. And in a way, I am very happy that despite the many events that may have changed our individual lives, we still managed to stay the best of friends. In a way, you've become a family to me. Someone I cannot live without. And this is something that I hold very close to my heart.

You've been there for me, holding my back, over the years. Never failing to greet me with your Haa, and your Hee's over ICQ. Never failing to put a bright smile on my face whenever I talk to you. Never failing to share you life with me in remarkable ways. You have always been there for me, through tears and sunshine. though sometimes I may not say it, but every encouragement of yours, I hold dear to my heart. And it touches me so very deeply that even as we are leading very different lives and walking down different paths, at the end of the day, we can still come together as if we have been walking the same journey.

I wanna thank you for being such a pillar to me over the months (You too Yan!!) For always cheering me up when I am down. And for talking sense into me when I am being ridiculous. For 'waking' me up with honesty. All these I appreciate so deeply. For being such a bright spot in my life when darkness came. For still being that bright spot when darkness left. For being my best friend, for being a sister I never had. For reminding me every so often that you guys love me. For telling me that you would cry with me. For everything, and for being such a huge part in my life.

On this very special day, I hope for the best for you, in your career, in love and luck, in family and in self. I wish for you to be always at your happiest state and for your laughter to never die down. For you to be healthier (you get sick a lot ><;) and to continue to make a difference in the lives of others (like how you made a difference in mine!) For Koala to continue to love and cherish you, because he is a very lucky man. For all your goals to be fulfilled in the near future and for you to be blessed with the greatest happiness ever!

Winnie, there are many words that are often not sufficient to express how blessed I feel to have a friend like you. But the least I can do is to let you know that come rain or sunshine, I will too, be there you, like how you've always been there for me. To be supportive of you and to be honest. And to mimick how couples love to tell each other on anniversaries.. May we have many more ten years!! And may we continue to fan the flame of each other's passion for lemmings!! Hahahahaha!

Once again, happiest birthday Sweetheart! Hope you had a great time tonight! I love you! Muackies and Huggies!!

Love always, forever and ever!
Ching!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home