Angel's wings

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

So stressed up right now.. Sigh. Studied 2 chapters of Accounting and I feel like dying already. Sigh.

Anyways, saw this while I was surfing FlowerPod during my break. Andy mentioned it to me before but I am beginning to think I am something else rather than acts of service. Anyways, just to share!

The 5 Languages of Love
1. Recieving of Gifts..
It doesn't mean that you are materialistic or poor, some people just love recieving gifts. It's like saying that " I remember you when I see this, so I bought it for you." There may be people around you whose love language is this, do take note and put effort to get them a little something.. I'm sure your relationship will go a long way..

2. Quality Time..
Unlike recieving gifts, one whose love language is spending quality time is not just about getting you a present and that's it.. You will need to spend your time and effort on this person.. And quality time doesn't mean just spending time together in the same room but both of you doing different things.. It's actually delicating your time just for this person, like cooking together or perhaps piecing the jigsaw puzzle together.. If you know someone whose love language is this and you don't do anything about it, you will find that your relationship will slowly grow cold and fade away..

3. Words of Affirmation..
Say encouraging things.. Don't despise the usual " I love you " each time you say to each other before bedtime.. It can actually mean a lot to some people.. Those whose love language is this needs a lot of verbal assurance.. No point spending so much time together when it's very hard for you to say something nice to them.. They can feel insecure..

4. Acts of Service..
So, instead of saying things, now you do it.. People with this love language appreciates nice gestures.. It could be doing your wife's house chores for her for today, or just opening the car door for her, or perhaps helping her to get the glass of water she always have to drink after dinner.. These actions may be small but it tells the person how sensitive you are to his/her needs..

5. Physical Touch..
For people with this love language, no matter how much you say you care, or how many things you buy for them, none of those can be compared to a long good hug, a kiss, or a pat on the head.. Physical touch does bring people closer together, so don't take them for granted but don't abuse them as well..

***

So which are you? I am beginning to realise I am probably a combination of Physical touch and Words of Affirmation. Somehow, I am starting to see that whenever I get them, I feel like a million bucks. But when I get acts of service, I dont feel as much as I thought I might feel. Followed by perhaps Quality time, Gifts and Acts of Service. Surprisingly, acts of service ranks last for me now. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home