Angel's wings

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Christmas was quiet, but great. Or rather Christmas eve. Spent it with his family. Quiet, intimate affair. Things seemed the same as last year but it felt different this time round. More emotions, more love. Been a year and I've grown to love each and every of them more. Like a family. Things have changed a little. Have grown to think of Jeff as da kor kor and Erika as jie jie naturally. His mom made me teared when she came to me and gave me a hug telling me how she wants me to call her mama. Great warmth and love coming from people I'm not bonded by blood. Yet so much felt for all of them.

When Andy told me of his brother's decision, I was surprised I actually teared and felt a pang of pain. We don't usually chatter a lot but I have grown to love him, Lyndsay and of course Little Baby Ethan. It's always a warm smile, explanations to the history of what they are talking about and little sharings of their life. They never failed to try to make me part of their life. I'm gonna miss them, badly. Andy has always told me scary stories about the awkward moments between Huibin and Lyndsay but I feel none of those. In fact, she tries to engage me. And her smile. Quiet but warm, fills me with great joy 'cause I feel accepted each time they do that. Wish they didn't have to leave. Pains me to see his mom in so much agony cause of it.. sigh

Makes me wonder.. they're all leaving one by one.. I wonder if Andy would too.. Thankfully he said no.. never without me.. hope that promise holds..

2004.. So much has happened in a year.. Seen people changed, good and bad. Had people come back, notably Fen ( welcome home sweetie, I know it has been tough but hang in there ok? ).. Learnt a lot... Went through failure. Reaffirmed love, and friendship with my sisters. Been a good year despite all the downfalls.. Hopefully in the coming year, I'll put those lessons learnt to good use.. A new year, a new start.. Wonder what's installed for me next..

It's amazing how someone you love can leave you in so much agony but at the same time, give you the greatest happiness you will ever know. It's amazing how he becomes perfect in your eyes despite him being less than that. It's amazing how you are perfect to him. I'm glad I found him.. With that pretty set of puppy eyes no less :) That pretty nose, puckered lips, that pair of strong, warm hands.. all mine. =D I'm satisfied :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home