Angel's wings

Friday, March 26, 2004

Was reading my blog a while ago, reflecting upon what Fen has said. And just a while ago, I lost some stuff that I had painstakingly prepared so that I could enjoy a day out. We often go through the grind of everyday life without knowing what or why things happen. We just take it as they come. Live your day like if it were your last, they say. But how many of us actually do that? Not me for sure. Times like this, you can either put it nicely and say that I am an optimistic pig, or simply, because I take a time for granted, and therefore live my day assuming there everything else stays the same tomorrow. And in this process of "knowing there is a tomorrow", we often find ourselves taking a lot of people and things for granted.

Yesterday in Winnie's blog, she talked about the young mother who took her own life, together with that of her two young children because she couldn't cope with her cancer news. Perhaps, like what her grandmother said, she just didn't want her kids to suffer in the future. But I do feel like, instead of ending it short like that, why couldn't she spend her last days together with her family. At least, fond memories will be created before her final departure. Last but not least, I don't think she is being fair to the rest of the family. Besides having their own daughter/wife taken away so forcefully, they have to now deal with the loss of the 2 kids. How sad is that. I don't know if that lady is selfish or too great for her own good. Women harbours such complexity within herself sometimes. Don't know what to say with regards to that. Just felt that it was sad. Sometimes, things are just this unfair. I cannot imagine myself sick when I become a mother. I have always assumed that parents live forever and friends and loved one are always there until I die in my little fantasy world. But unfortunately, it in't true. People will die, some may pass and others, become forgotten faces.

Glad, I have now. My family, my dearest friends, and Andy. It never fails to touch me when I am being thought of. Now, my greatest wish is that Char and Fen comes back. And that all the girls will be there for each other till our teeth fall out. Haha. Maybe we can go fix our dentures together!

Thanks di for the icq message. Was very touched. *hugs* Enjoy the chalet with the rest tonight! Sorry I couldn't be there :(