Angel's wings

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Treasure your loved ones.. you'll never know when they will no longer be there..

As tacky as this sounds, it speaks so much of the truth. We often take people for granted and heck, we see them as immortals, who will always be there, alive till the end of time. We usually see our parents, especially, to be very much alive and healthy and continue to, be alive and healthy. Once in a blue moon, usually when we are depressive and down, do we see them as mortal beings, with a limited lifespan, and therefore limited time with us. Yet, we carry on our daily chores without them.

I'm guilty of it. I know that my parents think and worry about me every single day. Wondering why I am not home yet, whether I am well and safe. Wondering if I am eating rubbish again for dinner, wondering if I have had enough water to drink (I tend to forget to drink water sometimes). And if I am out, wondering if I brought a jacket with me in case it gets cold (they always remind me to do so when I am staying out). However, I almost never worry about them to that extent. Only when it's way past a time they promised they will be back, and are not home yet, then yes, I freak out. However, I never did take those same feelings into consideration when I decide to stay out later. It was always, it's fine, it's ok, they'll go to bed on their own.. And now that I think about it, I don't have much time left for them to feel this way and vice versa... depressing..

Life is vulnerable.. Just look at that quake/tsunami incident. So many lives lost because of a natural calamity. Just so thankful we are alive. Can you imagine, if Singapore wasn't a sheltered port, with Indonesia shielding us, we'd have gone under water by now. I wouldn't be blogging about this and you wouldn't be reading about this. We would all be dead, probably without knowing the cause of our deaths. Depressing isn't it? Sigh..

On the brighter note.. my cousin who got married a while back is now pregnant with her first child! And... Andy's jie jie is pregnant as well! So exciting! He's gonna be an uncle again and I'm gonna be a.. hrmm... I dunno.. distant aunt?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home