Angel's wings

Saturday, August 06, 2005

It's strange how the kids you grew up with suddenly became such grown-ups while you're stuck here.. as a child!

My lovely cousin, gave birth to a lovely baby girl a couple of days ago. She's 27, got married about 2 years back and now, her family is complete! I am so very happy for her! I also realised some of my silly cousins are 30. Goodness. And when we gather, they look ever youthful, are a bunch of laughs and engage in very childish but funny games. Which is why I did a double take when my bro announced that those monkeys are already 30! Actually youthfulness run in my mother's side of the family. Maybe most of them are cheerful, happy-g0-lucky people. Even my mother. Together with my youngest aunt, they are no doubt the naughtiest ladies in the family. It's fun to watch them interact with kids. Teasing them relentlessly. I love my mom to bits. She's just so cute.

This morning, I forgot to unlock the door. She got so worried and came to my bedside and WHISPERED, 'are you ok? why you lock the door?' like she expected to hear a equally mysterious reply. She looked relieved when I sleepily replied that I forgot to unlock the door after I was done pasting the silicon gel sheet on my scars last night. And tried my best to assure her with my sleepy eyes that, no, her daughter wasn't doing drugs, or ciggies, or worse, sex in the privacy of my room.

Then my dad came in and started hovering the room. And talking to me. And making fun of me in that kiddish voice (why do fathers talk like that to their grown up daughters everytime???) WHILE I AM STILL SLEEPING. Strange parents I have there. But I love them to bits. Hee.

Next week is DDay1. Hohoho. Sucks. Shall not think about it.

I have plenty of lemmings. I wanna go shopping. But I got no money. Ahhhh!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home